Monday, February 13, 2012

Delicious, Innovative Chicken Salad

Recently we tried out this delicious little cafe in Nashua, NH. It is a cafe that prides itself on using locally grown vegetables, organic ingredients, and overall making things healthy. http://theseedlingcafe.com/

I love Chicken Salad, and this place had quite a few different varieties. I have been trying and trying to recreate the delicious wrap I had, but cannot get it just right. I recreated it again today for lunch, but I didn't have any apples in the refrigerator so it is minus that one delicious ingredient.

Chicken Salad


1 cooked Chicken Breast, either chopped or shredded
1/4-1/3 cup of Mayonnaise (I tried to make it healthier by adding a little greek yogurt, but it changed the taste too much for my liking)
Handful of chopped walnuts
1/3 cup of Craisins
1/2 chopped apple (I like Granny Smith)

At the cafe, they put this all into a delicious wrap, and grill it with some cheddar cheese. I believe they use a panini press to grill it, but we don't have one. I skipped the grilled part today, because it's too hard to not over toast the wrap.

This is delicious, and totally more sophisticated than the normal Chicken Salad!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment